I’m beyond ready for Thanksgiving! Why do you enjoy Thanksgiving?
Also, I’m a bit late. Yesterday was a rough mental health day, and with Thanksgiving next week, there’s just a lot going on for everyone. If you ever have bad brain days, know that you’re normal, you’re loved, and you’re not alone.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you opt to purchase something after clicking a link, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
👇🏽 What are the best fast-food deals you’re seeing? Comment below!👇🏽
Extremely Serious Deals and Food Holidays: Crickets before Thanksgiving
This is a light week for food deals. I suspect this is the lull between Veterans Day and Black Friday. That said, enjoy this knowledge for knowledge’s sake.
- Today, 11/17: National Baklava Day
- 11/18: National Apple Cider Day . . . I fucking love apple cider.
I don’t wanna leave you in the lurch, so know that you can get a free peppermint Frosty or peppermint Frosty cream cold brew by using the Wendy’s app.
Also, I see that fast food restaurants are finally capitalizing on inflation in a consumer-friendly way. Rather than continuing to jack up prices, more eateries are returning to cheap deals. Taco Bell brought back their $5 Cravings Box, for instance. So, what places have you seen reverting to affordable meals? Please share in the comments!
Speaking of Thanksgiving
If you’re not attending any Thanksgiving events or need food on the holiday, you might be wondering who’s open. The Takeout has you covered:
- “These Restaurants Will Be Open on Thanksgiving Day”
- “These Grocery Stores Will Be Open on Thanksgiving Day”
Note: If you live in central Iowa, you’re gonna struggle to find open grocery stores. Your options are Whole Foods and, possibly, Price Chopper. That’s it. You’re better off trying a convenience story. Except Hy-Vee’s Fast and Fresh locations. Those will all be closed too. Because Hy-Vee is the worst. I mean, yay for their employees, but Hy-Vee still sucks.
Bonus Randomness: I’m Grateful for You!
- What are you reading?
- I just finished 30 Nights by Christine D’Abo, which was a fun, sexy romp! The premise is a bit of a stretch, but I still enjoyed it.
- I’m three chapters into Hidden Gems by Carrie Alexander. I almost gave up about 15 pages in, but I’m giving it a chance.
- NSFW! Read my new erotic short story that one reader called “effing hot“! 18+ ONLY!
- Please buy me a chai!
- Thanks to M.M. who bought me one last week!
- I’m gonna go grab that from Mayalu Coffee today!
- 500-word-a-day writing project
- The project and I are experiencing a trial separation. Being out of town last weekend threw me off, and this week has been physically and mentally difficult.
- I’ve not given up on it yet though.
- Thanks to Respondent, I’m able to afford an end of the year massage!
- If you’re gonna be around a lot of people this holiday season, you might want some Loop earplugs. They’re a great way to reduce the overwhelm brought on by a lot of noise. I wish I’d had these when my nieces and nephews were between the ages of 4 and 12. The noise, y’all. I’m so glad they’re almost all adults now, but we still have about 13 people at Thanksgiving and Christmas plus a patriarch who likes to turn up the television over all of us talking. Loop might be the anxiety saver this season.
- Despite the historical colonizer bullshit, Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday, just behind Halloween (literally?). It makes me sad to see it overshadowed by Christmas. Every year, I try to list 30 things for which I’m grateful, so maybe I’ll write a post on that next week.