A friend linked to an Instagram Reel in which Gillian Anderson talks about toxic wellness culture and how it can fuck right the fuck off. To say I connected with this is an understatement. This is a clip from Elizabeth Day’s podcast, How to Fail.
Here’s a link to the podcast episode, which I’m listening to right now. Y’all, I rarely listen to podcasts, so that should be an indication of how good this clip made me feel.
If you don’t know, I’ve had a lot to say about toxic wellness culture, but I usually refer to subcategories such as diet culture and the wellness-to-white-supremacy pipeline:
- Body Inclusivity: The Appalachian Retreat and Spa
- Is Losing Weight via Ozempic a Crime?
- Functional Medicine: Can I Trust It?
- Stop Giving Diet Culture a Platform
- Never Gonna Give You Up, Sugar
- Use Caution When Choosing a Chiropractor
Please give them a read!