Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links (none to eggnog, sadly). If you opt to purchase something after clicking a link, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Go get you some cool shit, and thank you!
Food Holidays and Frugal Finds
- 12/30: National Bacon Day?
- My understanding was that National Bacon Day was in August, but if Wendy’s wants to sell us junior bacon cheeseburgers for a penny, who am I to argue? The JBC is my go-to at Wendy’s, so I might just go do this! (App or online ordering is required.) This is good through January 2nd. It is the only National Bacon Day deal I’m seeing.
- 1/2/2024: National Buffet Day
- I’m suspicious that this is merely a way to get rid of leftover food at restaurants. Regardless, popular buffet eateries like Cici’s Pizza and Old Country Buffet might have deals. I haven’t seen anything yet.
- 1/4/2024: National Spaghetti Day
- No news about deals so far; however, in previous years, Rosati’s Pizza, Olive Garden, Buca di Beppo, and Noodles and Co. have had deals.
- App-Based Deals
- Get a free small chili (with purchase) from Wendy’s
- Other Foodstuffs
- I do not patronize Chick-fil-A, but if they want to be closed on Sundays for religious reasons, I don’t have a problem with that. Forcing them to be open is a violation of religious freedom. It’s one of the rare instances in which I’d actually use that phrase regarding anything related to Christianity. The case being made here is that Chick-fil-A is an essential service at the specified location, and I call serious bullshit on that. What do you think?
- Last week, I was a bit puzzled as to why National Candy Cane Day was on the 26th. Angela Pagán from The Takeout has the answer. Makes sense to me!
Drink the Eggnog
- Today is National “Get on the Scales” Day, and to that I say, “Fuck you, Diet Culture.” Our relationship to
mavitygravity need not be made a national fucking holiday.
- I’m an eggnog lover. I didn’t discover this until my 30s because no one else in my family likes it. This might be why (I think I just became a Tommy Siegel fan):