The sandwich is superior to nearly all foods! Don’t at me.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you opt to purchase something after clicking a link, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
☕ Who has the best eggnog latte? Lemme know in the comments, please! 👇🏽
Extremely and Very Serious Food Holidays: National Sandwich Day
- 11/3: National Sandwich Day
- The Takeout mentions discounts and deals Jimmy John’s, McAlister’s Deli, Pizza Hut, Potbelly, and Schlotzsky’s.
- Subway’s rewards members can get a match on their point totals from competitors’ rewards programs, which is intriguing.
- The Today Show’s got deals from Beef O’Brady’s (wut), Domino’s, Firehouse Subs, Grubhub, Jersey Mike’s (yissss), Mr. Pickle (lulz), Quiznos, Ruby Slipper, and Which Wich, which is dead to me after getting rid of the Thanksgiving Turkey sando.
- More Upcoming Food Holidays
- 11/4: National Candy Day
- Why is The Today Show’s website so reliable for this? Anyway, I’ve not heard of most of these places, but hey, candy deals are candy deals.
- SusieCakes and See’s Candies are partnering for goodies.
- 11:5: National Doughnut Day and National Chinese Take-Out Day; the East Coast spells “donut” wrong. *runs away*
- 11/6: National Nachos Day: If I don’t see deals for this later, I’ll be shocked.
- 11/7: National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day; I love the oddly specific ones.
- 11/8: National Cappuccino Day
- 11/9: National Greek Yogurt Day . . . Chobani, where you at?
- 11/4: National Candy Day
>>BUZZ BUZZ! 5% off Geeky Sex Toys with the code wholedamnwoman5*<<
ICYMI and Random Reads
- Currently Reading: 30 Nights by Christine D’Abo
- My writing experiment
- I want this to be true, but I call bullshit.
- NSFW! I’ve got a new erotic short story on Literotica! 18+ ONLY!
The 515: For My Desmoinians
- Here’s an update on the storefront for Pints by Beth.
- Chocolaterie Stam in Jordan Creek passed their inspection, so look for that to open soon.
- Putts & Pins in West Des Moines passed their inspection.
- Bamie’s Pizza House, an establishment of which I have no recollection, is doing a two-week pop-up.
- Bellhop Tiki’s got THC mocktails. No, there’s no alcohol in them because that’s verboten.
- JJ’s Tavern and Grill is opening in Ankeny.
- Sweet to Eat Bakery in Ankeny is moving and rebranding to Buttersweet Custom Bakery.
- Maria’s Mexican Food is opening on SW 9th in Des Moines.
- I’m not gonna name them, but an eatery I absolutely adore had 18 health code violations. I’ve always said, “Just don’t look closely at anything” when eating there, but damn.
Analysis Paralysis Palace: Sandwich Choices
- Substack or Patreon? Where do I want to put my fiction writings that I don’t try to get published? Which would you prefer?
- I’m gonna rename this weekly blog feature, but I’m struggling for ideas. I want it to reflect what this feature actually does.
- Why do I like Sixlets so much? They really aren’t that good. Is it just me?
- What flavor of Triscuits are superior?
- What’s your favorite sandwich? Mine is the chicken pesto melt from South Union Cafe in Des Moines. But if I go with a national chain, it’s the #12 Cancro Special at Jersey Mike’s.
- A shirtless man has walked by my house three times in the last hour. It’s 45°F outside. I’m confused.